Sidewinder II????

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I was recently looking at some old pictures of car shows and remembered a
very clean looking scirocco I saw at Volksfest 1997 in Milwaukee.  It was a
white Mk I and looked as if it had come from the past off some dealers
showroom floor....It looked brand new.  The interesting thing was it said
Sidewinder II on the lower part of the doors on both sides.

What is the history of the Sidewinder II and I if there ever was such a
thing?  How many were made?

thanks, shawn