Re: Ohh my heartache-Mk1 16v don't like me

Dave,
  I made an error in what I told you about terminal 1
on the coil.  See below.

-Emile Draper
'80 'rocco

--- Emile Draper <bybygti@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Chances are that the fuse box wasn't changed.  Good
> thing you did then.  Are you using the Oxygen Sensor
> Control Unit from your '81 or from the 16v?
>
> If you are using your old Oxygen Sensor stuff it may
> not be sending the correct signals to the brain box.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have much knowledge when it
> comes to the brain boxes as I have never had a car
> with one.  Or an Oxygen Sensor.
>
> Also do you have continuity between terminal 31b on
> the fuel pump relay and termianl 1 on the coil.
> Both
> should have 12v to ground with the key on.
*****There should be continuity but not 12v with the
key.  Terminal 1 sends a signal to the tach and the
fuel pump once the car is running.  Sorry for any
confusion.  Not that you aren't confused already. ;)
*****

=====