idle mixture adjustment

I need to get my mixture close to corect asap. Ive tried to get the frequency
valve to function continuously but I cant seem to get it to. It will buz for
a while and then stop for a second and the idle will drop. Then it starts
back up and the idle returns. I was thinking of using a dwell meter to do the
adjustment but I cant find the specs (anyone know these?)
Im kind of desperate to get this figured out fast so any replies would be
apreciated

Nate