Re: questions for those of you running 16s

>I know there are a few of you guys running 16s out there, and
>I was curious who is using 40 series and who is using 45 series.
>There seems to be a limited selection of good 205-40-16s, but
>there are tons of 45s in the same size.

You're right about that.  It's the BFG Euro T/A's you're refering
to in the 205/40 series?  I've heard that they are pretty much at
the bottom of the performance tire pyramid.

>I am considering going to 16x7.5 with 38mm ET offset ABTs.
>Anyone running the 45 series experiencing fender rubbing?

Sounds ok...35mm offset might be a bit better. 3mm doesn't sound
like a lot, but 7.5 rims are pretty much at the edge of fitment
for the Scirocco II.

>What brands are you runnning?

205/45's.  Pirelli P7000's, Summer only series.  Good dry grip, _great_
wet grip.  Noisy on the road.

>Alex Ting

==Brett