RE: More Woes...

> Is it getting air?  Is it getting fuel? Is it getting spark?

Ok, I turn the key and it really tries to start.  Just making the noise that
it makes before  it starts.  That sound sounds normal.  It just doesn't
'take.'

I don't know how to find out if it's getting air.

I don't know if it's getting fuel.  Before and after changing the fuel
filter it wasn't.  Now that it has a new fuel pump, it might be, but I don't
know.  I couldn't figure out how to put in the new pump without destroying
it first so it's in the hands of the mechanic.

And I don't know if it's getting spark.  The guy I bought the car from said
they were new plugs; a 'cool' kind with three tines or whatever.  And the
Neuspeed plug wires look good.  Beyond that, beats me.

I know absolutely nothing about cars except how to drive them.  But I know
how to mangle a fuel pump! ;-)  I have proof sitting in a tupperware on the
porch.  I'm learning more with each burn and blister though.  Now, if I
could get all the black from my hands....

All the best,
-Norm