SV: Anyone have MFA?

The MFA gets distance information from a sender on the backside
of the speedometer and calcultates consumtion from distance, rpm
and vaccum. So if distance isn't working, is your speedometer
and rpm working properly? Your vaccum line is good?

You have a fuel level sensor but it's not connected to the mfa.

----------
<chris@hamcr.com>; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Ämne: Re: Anyone have MFA?
> Datum:  den 25 maj 1999 00:42
>
> I have one, but only the clocks and thermometers work.  How do
I get the

<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Sent: Monday, May 24, 1999 5:46 PM
> Subject: SV: Anyone have MFA?
>

> > MFA gives you time running, distance traveled, average
speed,
> > average consumtion, oil temp and outside temp. You have two
> > modes, number one resets by itself if car has been shut off
for
> > more than two hours, number two resets at 20 000km. You can
> > manually reset both or either of them anytime you want.
> >
> > You need the whole instrument cluster from a MFA car, the
stalk,
> > outside temperature sensor (located behind the bumper
somewhere
> > in the right corner), additional wiring.
> >
> > If you take the MFA from a car with different motor than
your
> > own or if your motor is tuned the average consumtion will be
> > more or less wrong.
> >
> > The wiring is two or one wire from the temp sensor to the
> > instrument cluster, can be added by generic wire and
soldering.

> > The swap is not difficult.
> >
> > The possibility to have several distance meters you can
reset is
> > nice, myself I reset the old fashioned with a push button
every
> > time I fuel my car up, I can see if I been driving economic
or
> > sporty, the electronic distance meters I reset when going
with
> > my car for my job, then I see exactly how long I been going
and
> > gets right money for that, you see how long your drive took,
> > it's fun to now how hot or cold it's outside.

> > Från: chris gonzalez <chris@hamcr.com>
> > Till: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> > Ämne: Anyone have MFA?
> > Datum:  den 24 maj 1999 22:59
> >
> > Was just wondering, what kinds of info does the MFA give? If
you
> > can retrofit one, what parts do you need aside from the
stalk?