WTB: tranny

Hi fellow list members.

I am in desparate need of a transmission. It is for an 86 GTi that I'm
fixing up for my little brother. (another vw conversion in progress)

I had a guy who was parting out an 85 GTi 20 minutes away from me, but he
just flaked on me, saying that someone else said they wanted to buy the
whole car. Bastard.

What I need is a tranny, in good shape, preferably a 9A, but any other
kind that fits is OK.

I am goind to the ND show on Sunday, so if anyone that's also going has
one they are willing to sell, and can bring it, then I'd save on
shipping (yay).

The deadline to get the car smogged and pay all of the transfer fees,
etc. is May 26, and I'd like to pay as little in late fines as possible.

You will forever have my gratitude.

Oh yeah, I will pay CA$H for it.

anyone?

TIA