RE: rear-steer?

> Squirmy is not a normal part of the Koni/H&R ride. :)

"It's not a bug...it's a feature!"

> Check all the
> bolts naturally. Did you replace the upper rear rubber strut bearings?
> Are both the rear shocks dialed up the same?  Did you over dial them
> and maybe blow the seals?  They aren't leaking right?  The springs
> are still in the correct places on their spring cups?

Check, nope, n/a (haven't changed 'em yet), nope, nope, yup...

> Are the fronts dialed equally?

Haven't touched 'em yet (I was actually going to on Friday night until
this...)

> >  If so, perhaps I could just tighten the rear shocks a notch.
> >Could the rear suspension pivot bushings cause this feeling?
>
> Maybe.  I just replaced the upper rear strut bearings as well as
> the rear axle beam pivot bushings.  Car really does feel a bit
> tighter, it's hard to explain really.  It didn't feel bad before,
> but it's just better now..know what I mean?

Um...sure Brett <wink><wink> ;-)

Ugh. From you and Jim, it sounds like rear bushing's aren't too much fun.
Brake rotors and lines were on my to-do list, but at this point, I've filled
my quota on the car. I've spent WAAAYYY too much time and money on this
thing over the past month. I was just ready to sit back and enjoy the summer
with it, too! About every other evening has been spent on the car, and
tonite I finally got around to fixing that oil leak on the 87 (for anyone
who remembers back that far: it was just the pressure senders. Yes, it's
been sitting on the curb in front of my house for over a month! First $800
takes a good project 16v. I'm serious this time!).

Yup, I'm just whining. I love working on my car(s), though it'd be nice to
get to a point where I could just DRIVE the thing for a month straight
without doing more than washing it. It's going in for injector
troubleshooting next week. They seemed pretty stuck-in, and I get a little
nervous around fuel lines when I'm in danger of breaking them off inside a
hole. Probably just needs seals, but who knows with my luck! I'm gonna have
them take a quick look at the rear end, too, just to get an opinion. They're
the ones who installed the Konis, BTW. Maybe next month I can afford some
brake gear and suspension pivots, and I still have that wierd belt whine,
and I still have to finish-off the stereo install, and someday I want to
save some money for some wheels, and then there's the 2.0L "I wanna be like
Brett" install ("yes, dear, I kept the drool off the keyboard this time"),
and...and...

Addictions suck.

Thanks for the help! And if you're still reading this far, thanks for
letting me whine a little. Though I'm not sure that that will fix the
problem, at least I know what I'm in for.

Later!
Neal
88 16v
87 16v