Re: rear-steer?

At 4:08 PM -0500 5/18/99, Neal Tovsen wrote:
> How difficult/expensive is a rear bushing swap? Worth a try, if it's not too
> difficult? If so, are aftermarket (i.e. poly or whatever) bushings a big
> deal, or should I just get new OEM ones?

I did a bushing swap on my car when I did the suspension.  It was a mild
PITA.  You have to drop the axle.  Be careful that you don't break the
brake hardlines or crack the gas line (I did both.)

 I got poly bushings from AAB; I had to re-use the carriers, and resorted
to Heat (an oxyacetylene torch) to burn them out, but the poly bushings
were two pieces and just pushed in.  Tightening the long pivot bolts draws
them together nicely.

When I helped Brett do his, he got stock, and they came pre-pressed in new
carriers.

The poly bushings were I believe $28 for the pair.

While the axle is down, it's the perfect time to go for braided brake
lines.  You WILL break the hardlines.
| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| jarrett@<NOSPAM>rpa.net                                       |
|                     "Cue the Sun."                            |
|               -Ed Harris, _The_Truman_Show_                   |