update on car progress

Well, I spent a day working on my car.  First of all I had to wash the thing, took me 2 hours.  I was storing it in a friend's granite shop for the winter, and it was covered with granite dust.  Not a good substance to be rubbing into glass or anything with a finish.
Well. the interior is a apart.. still need to remove the dash.  I'm going to pull the glass next week. (any ideas on how to store these so they don't get broken?)
I found some nasty body damage under the rear bumper.  I am considering removing the rear part with a cutting torch and welding in a suitable replacement.  Anyone done this?  Tips would be appreciated.
The motor was an easy figuring after I removed a ton of grime from it.  The original JH with 9A tranny attached to it.  243,000 miles.  I am weary of an engine so old, that I don't know the maintenace on.  It's getting pulled for the color change as well.  (yes, Andre, a color change.)  I figure this is my baby and it needs paint.  Might as well change it to something brighter.  It's already dismal enough here in Oregon these days.  Charcoal grey looks cool.  But I want something brighter.
tore out the headlight assemblies and bumpers.  boy did that raise the car up.  I put my eurobumpers on there (finger tight) to see if that would help but it didn't.  Need some new suspension sooner than planned.  I'll worry about that after it gets painted.  Good thing there's an autobody shop within pushing distance of my friend's granite shop.
The car is sound.  only a little surface rust here and there.

thanks to everyone that sent me parts, Daun, Matt, I'm awaiting paint to install the sunroof, Daun.  Matt, I'm waiting for my new carpet (After paint) to install the console and interior pieces.
Hey anyone know where I can get a good, non cracked, dashboard?

any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

mark