Re: Tighten _all_ the bolts

I've got to chime in here with my experience.  About 3 years ago, I was
cruising along the highway at about 6 in the evening on my way to a swim meet
with a fellow coach.  About 10 minutes from the pool, the car starts to shake
and rattle like mad; the steering wheel is jiggling all over the place.  Then
all of a sudden, WHAM!  The front end takes a nose dive on the driver side
and I watch my front wheel go flying by.  Let me tell you, driving on a brake
rotor is not fun, sparks were flying everywhere.  I managed to get the car to
the side of the road, find the wheel -- it had bounced over to the other side
of the road and into a ditch, amazingly not hitting any other cars.  A guy
who was behind us and saw everything pulled over and gave us a ride to the
pool.  I had done some brake work a few days before and hadn't tightened down
the appropriate bolts.  I have since gotten a compressor and air tools, so no
more having to remember to tighten those bolts after letting the car down.

Stewart