RE: shortened struts...

If I were to get the Spax again, it wouldn't be the non-adjustable setup.
The adjustability is a nice feature.  The setup offers adjustability and a 2
inch drop for $605 (probably cheaper for a Rocco). Based on my experience
with the setup on my GTI, I would get it again. Like it or not. So THERE.
;-)

BTW, this mail program blows.  If it shows up all weird, I apologize.

-Mike

Geez Mike, I really wish you wouldn't do that :)

	In my experience, the non-adjustable Spax kit I had on my car worked
great
	for about a year.  Then the springs started going soft and the
shocks got
	loose.  For that first year, I was quite happy with them too... My
stuff
	never had any catastrophic failures while I had it on the car
(although I
	know LOTS of people here in Vancouver who have replaced shocks  5 or
6
	times under warranty before giving up and buying Bilsteins or Konis,
other
	people who have had shock pistons seize, etc), but after 2 years
both my
	front shocks were totally shot.

	So to conclude, Spax makes a good one-year suspension kit that has a
	tendency to fail in one of several ways, often sooner than later.
YMMV,
	but probably not by much :)

	>BTW, it's nice to be back.  I just signed on again yesterday.  I
was without
	>e-mail capability for a little while.  Hope I didn't miss much!

	Welcome back!

	At 3:55 am +0200 16/5/99, michael.vanamburgh@ramstein.af.mil wrote:
	>Sheesh, tell us how ya really feel.  :-)  But really, Spax really
isn't all
	>THAT bad.  Yes, there have been quite a few stories of the shocks
blowing
	>out, but Spax has supposedly improved their process.  I had the 60
mm
	>adjustable setup on a GTI VR6 (Golf VR6 for our European friends)
and I
	>really did like the setup a lot.  I had it on there for over a year
without
	>problems.  I guess I was one of the lucky ones.  Bottom
line...based on my
	>experience I would buy the Spax setup for my Scirocco when the time
comes