Re: Is my Trans Gone?

At 09:51 AM 5/16/99 -0400, Farmracer@aol.com wrote:
>on my way to an autocross she popped out of fifth gear 12 times in a 70 mile
>stretch- it has never done that before- I guess it barfed the syncro?? I had
>to wedge my helmet between the seat and shifter to make it home.
>
>Ken
>85 Rocco Wolfie
>87 Lear Jetta

Check the fluid level.  It does this when the fluid is low.  You probably
should have left it in fourth though if it is low transmission oil.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (now under deconstruction)
 '81  Scirocco- Soon to be 2.0 16V
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)