Hesitation Victory!!! A rather long ramble

Thanks to everyone who has e-mailed me with suggestions as to what
could have been causing my engine hesitation over the past month or so,
I FINALLY fixed it tonight.  Soon after I bought the car I noticed the
hesitation, I checked all the hoses and replaced a few different parts
and filters and check other parts at the suggestions of listers.  I had
to drive to Fla. on business and drove the Scirocco (hesitation and
all, had to just love the car) 967 miles to Ft. Lauderdale and then
another 100 miles to Naples a few days later.  I had bought the car in
Naples and stopped by the guys house.  He found a very small hose which
was completely disconected, I think I yanked it loose during my reverse
light switch experience.

SSSOOOO, the hose is back on and we start going over different parts of
the engine and little things to do to it.  In the process of this he
pulls a hose and the Y hose conector type thingy completely crumbles.
The local VW dealer did not have the part so we used a small part of
the Y which was intact, lots of tape and the next day I leave for W Va.
 Hesitation still there but not as bad.

While going over the engine, the former owner points out the mixture
adgustment.  I get back, order the Y part and begin to fiddle with the
mixture, BIG MISTAKE!!!  Y part come in, put it on, hessitation better
but still there.  Over the past 3 weeks I've played with the mixture,
just on a hunch that I should not have messed with it till after the Y
part was put back on and tonight TOTAL VICTORY!!!  The hesitation is
totaly gone.  The mixture was the problem since I got back from Fla and
the loose hose before.

Others may have known what to mess with a what not to, but not me,
score on for the the mechanical moron.

Sorry for the lenght of my post, but this was a hugh agravation for me
for the past 2 months.  The wife could care less so I just needed to
share a little with folks who do care.

===
Craig Moore
87 Scirocco 8v