RE: shortened struts...

Sheesh, tell us how ya really feel.  :-)  But really, Spax really isn't all
THAT bad.  Yes, there have been quite a few stories of the shocks blowing
out, but Spax has supposedly improved their process.  I had the 60 mm
adjustable setup on a GTI VR6 (Golf VR6 for our European friends) and I
really did like the setup a lot.  I had it on there for over a year without
problems.  I guess I was one of the lucky ones.  Bottom line...based on my
experience I would buy the Spax setup for my Scirocco when the time comes.

BTW, it's nice to be back.  I just signed on again yesterday.  I was without
e-mail capability for a little while.  Hope I didn't miss much!

		-Mike
		88 Scirocco 16V
		97 Jetta VR6
		90 Cabbie
		87 Cabbie <--- for sale ...$2400

	>Yeah - JUNK.  We all know the shocks are terrible after about a
year of use, even with their "matched" springs.  What about those matched
springs?
	Well I ran them for a little over 2 years before they sagged too
much for
	use with my 16x7.5" rims.  When I replaced them with Neuspeed Race,
	stored them at my buddy's shop, where they sat for about a year.  I
offered
	them to Paul Maione a couple months ago, and when I asked my friend
where
	they were, he told me he installed them on another friend's Jetta I
(he
	couldn't remember where they came from).  About 2 weeks later, this
guy
	came back with both front springs broken in half.  High-quality
metallurgy,
	that... :P