Re: Grinding, Scrapping noise on hard left hand turn what causes this?

> on top of that trouble, there's something wrong with my tranny.  i
>gotta turn the car off to put it in reverse, otherwise the whole gear
>grinds to hell, and the car shudders violently.  running the car thru
>the gears is a lot more difficult now, then when all worked well.
>sometimes i need to turn the car off to put it into first or
>second...wtf!?!??

Your clutch isn't disengaging all the way...  maybe your clutch cable is
stretching??  I had that thought when you let me drive the wicked Sciretta,
but by the time we got back to Daun's I forgot to mention it....  Try
adjusting the cable (if you don't have a self-adjuster) and see what happens

John

'87 16v Scirocco
and lots of other stuff
website - http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/vw.htm