Re: Why only 115mph as top speed in 16V?

hey rich, i managed to top out my 1.8L 16V rocco at about 207km/h
(approx. 128.34mph)
	when i installed the 2.0L, i brought it up to 212km/h (approx.
131.44mph)
	just a couple of weeks ago, i drafted my friend up to 215km/h @about
6900rpm (approx. 133.3mph)

	the reason i say things like 207, or 212km/h, and not 205 and 210km/h,
is that i had the thing topped out long enuff for me to look down and
focus on my speed long enough to realize that it was just a smidgen past
the 205 and 210 marks...and yes, it was a straight, empty road...

	ok, now i see what your 5th gear is.  from what i've heard, there is a
bit of top end loss with such a tall 5th.  i'm not exactly sure why,
since you are right in the meatiest portion of your powerband...maybe
the torque and hp just isn't enuff to overcome the forces of wind
resistence at that speed???  keep trying, tho! :)

jason
the mad bastard