Re: please educate me

Shawn,
Thanks for your help.

> Well it all depends on a few factors:
> 1) What do YOU as a driver want from the car?
My jetta is a daily driver with an owner that likes to take corners and
feel the road beneath her.  I do a lot of highway driving and as such
need to have a car that can accelerate quickly and can maneuver around
unforseen obsticles just as quicly (Daun can attest to that!)
> 2) What can you as the owner afford to do with the
> car?
I will graduate from college this Saturday and will have a bit more to
spend on my car.  I will be flying more, so it won't be much more.
Right now I'm trying to get ideas for what I want to do next. New front
seats with lap belts are in the back of my mind, as are larger bumpers
-- just possibilities.
> 3) How much of the work, as an owner are you willing
> and able to do
> yourself?
I'm just learning about my car.  I wash it myself and try to keep it
clean -- If you saw my car at Cincy, that was the worst that my car has
been in a long time.  I try to keep a good coat of wax on it at all
times.  As for work on my car, my family has a reliable mechanic who
has become used to some of my stranger requests.  As I learn more about
my car, I'll probably do a bit more of the work.

> I think these are the 3 most important questions
> anyone can know first
> hand.
>

>               Shawn Meze
> 86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
> The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
> best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego!
> http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/index.htm

Ellen Northam
89 Jetta GL
Former Mk I Scircocco