RE: Shaky Scirocco

LOTS of liquid wrench!! Soak everything for at least a day or two before you
mess with it. After you soak it, take a hammer and (not too heavily) hit the
bolts hard enough to give them a good shake. The vibration from the hammer
will help the liquid wrench get the bolts loose (this was actually
recommended on the can of Liquid Wrench). Repeat the process again before
you start working on the car. I never used to believe that liquid wrench
made that much of a difference, but this has worked for *every* bolt I've
tried since I started using the technique. (well, except for an exhaust
hanger on my GF's car, but NOTHING would have gotten that off!)

If all else fails, and you don't have any plastic or rubber nearby, use a
small torch (they can be had for like $20 or so) to heat the bolt, causing
the metal to expand and break the bond between the bolt and whatever it
screwed into.

Another trick that I used while replacing my motor mounts was to take a good
quality allen key and clamp a 5" vice-grip to the end of it to make a kind
of cheater/breaker bar. You could really get some torque on that thing! For
the pulleys, use two of these contraptions in opposite bolts and turn one
against the other. You'd think that the one being tightened would then be
impossible to get off, but once they've been broken loose, you can usually
still get it off just by holding the pulley with your hand.

The final bit of advice would be to use a dremel tool (or a hack saw and a
file) to cut an allen key down to fit to the lower left bolt on the motor
mount plate. You need to do this to get the key to fit between the fender
and the engine.

It's a b**ch of a job, but you can do it!

Good luck!
Neal