Electrical woes Over!!!!

As mentionned in previous post I've been doing electrical surgery on my MkII with Channelock 447's and have managed to replace two of the large connectors and the fusebox. I was having some difficulties with a few of the outbard relays and some odd wires here and there.

Well today I told myself it was about time I got the Electronics technician background into gear and sorted out this crap! I had a friend of mine do the legwork while I had my head crunched under the dash with the multimeter and other miscellaneous test gigs. We sorted all the loose ends out and my electrical system is now "functionning within normal parameters" (heheh). Yessir everything I meand everything now works.

I have also taken a few notes regarding the ground structure of the system, I would strongly recommend that you all install a ground buss from battery, to engine (block and distributor), to body and to computer, this has solved one of my woes and has apparently increased efficiency of my ignition system. this I know should alredy be done but corrosion claims the stock buss wire without it even showing sometimes, so I urge you to check it out!!

My 2 cents

Paul J. Dorion
Project Manager
Dexx Design- Pro Audio Consulting