Re: I got an OIL LEAK!!!

---"Bonnie E. Muscavitz" <funcar@lr.net> wrote:

> ok, here's what's going on.  I noticed an oil leak the other day, so today
i took my 88 16v rocco to my mechanic.  He said that the leak was comming
from either the oil pressure sending unit, or the oil temp sending unit.
Here is my question.  As you are looking at the top of the oil filter
housing, there are 2 sending units on top.  Which one is which?  the one
that's leaking is the one that is towards the front of the housing.
> thanx,
> corey

Paul M. knows all about this now... :)

Anyway, the 2 senders on the oil filter flange are both oil pressure
senders on the 16v.  One is a high pressure, one is a low pressure.  Don't
ask me why, it just is.  The oil temp sender is at the back right hand
(from the front of the car) corner of the head.  Look right around the
back side by the corner near the distributor.

The sealing rings are like 0.20 each...6 of them will redo all but one
of the sensors on the head. The last one is the thermo time switch I
believe...needs a bigger sealing ring.  I just replaced all mine when I
did the engine so it's fresh in my mind.

==Brett