A few questions - LONGISH [tech]

1- I have an 86 scirocco Karmann edition 8v with a 1.8 litre stock engine, manufacture date 12/85. Could anyone confirm if this is MK I or MkII. If this info is insufficient please educate me on how we verify this.

2- I have had to replace the fuse box in a big hurry due to multiple system failures following fusebox corrosion.... I didn't quite have the time or the ressources to take notes on where everything was plugged in (please no lectures). Does anyone have a schematic of the electrical system of the vehicle in PDF format so that I can get Horn, voltmeter and winshield washer up and running again, everything else seems to be working fine. Color codes and terminal locations could also do.

3- Before replacing the fusebox I lost the reading of my coolant temperature gauge what is the location of the sensor ; the thermo switch that runs the electric fan on the rad still functions fine. does the sensor that drives the gauge also drive the fuel delivery system cause the car is a little shaky at idle when engine oil temp is around 50-65 degrees Celcius. Any input would be appreciated

Just started restoring this puppy wil have it done by next summer, looking for aftermartket Hood, Grille,Headlamp assembly and wiper pivot arm.

Thanks in advance for your input,

Paul J. Dorion
Dexx Design - Pro Audio Consulting
Dorval (Montreal)