Re: Cincinati cruise MAY 9 ! Mega Repost

Mega Post reprint - hope your answer is here. TBerk

-------

-----

> [...]
> Owen Rabey                      RED 16v         Alberta                 N                       Y
> Jody Bailey                     BLACK 16v?      Saskatchuan     N                       Y
>

> NOT DRIVING / MISSING INFORMATION:
>
> Matt Markowicz          16v                     ??                              Y                       Y
>
> Ellen Northam           ?                               Ohio                    N                       N
> Daun Yeagley            Too Many                Ohio                    N                       N
> Ben Harder                      BLACK 16v               Ohio                    N                       N
>

> Okay, that's 35 people.  Of those, 22 people need hotel rooms, and many are
> bringing friends who aren't listed.  If everyone shows up that I have
> listed, this will be well over 40 people.  That means we're going to need
> more than the 5 rooms Daun's reserved.  My suggestion is that you email
> those people you want to "room" with, and make arrangements to reserve a
> room together... and get your reservations now, before it's booked.
>
> If you don't know anyone, email me (jason@scirocco.org) with your name,
> email address, where you're coming from, the number of people in your
> party, and when you're planning on arriving and leaving, and I will do
> 4-people-to-a-room assignments for you.
>
> If anyone has any questions/concerns/rants/raves, please post them to the
> list, or to Daun or I.
>
> If you're on the list and you won't be able to make it, please email me and
> let us know.
> If you're planning on coming, and are not on the list, please email me and
> let us know!
>
> Counting down the days, and I hope you're all as psyched about this as I am!
>
> Jason
>
> ----------
> jason@scirocco.org
> 1987 Scirocco 16v
> 60,000 original miles.
> <http://members.aol.com/rocco16v>http://members.aol.com/rocco16v

> Jamie wrote:
>
> Ok,  When and Where??

> As far as I know there's going to be two cruise in's.
> One on the 9th and one on the 23rd. I think everyone is going to the
> one on the 9th though, so don't bother for the one on the 23rd. Also I
> think Jason C is making a list of everyone who's comming; I guess he's
> still working on it. E-Mail him and tell him if you're comming.
> jason@scirocco.org

> At 10:14 pm -0600 9/3/99, Jody Bailey wrote:
> >K guys now I know we are going with VW in mind, but since we are going
> >to be in a Major League city, I definatley will need to see a game.  The
> >Cubs are in town and I was going to plan on attending the Friday night
>
> Hm, I don't even like baseball.  But $17 isn't a lot of money, and I
> understand the whole point of going to baseball games is to get tanked,

Here are three bit's I snagged from the archives, sorry the dates got
stripped out. Note: there is some contention about which date was best
and I feel that there are now two different events on two different
days.

Anyone with a synopsis?

 TBerk

Ren239@aol.com wrote:

> can somebody please tell me what cinci is all about.
>
> Dave Kirsch
> '87 2.0l 16v Scirocco
> '85 8v Scirocco

1st bit:

> Well guys, why don't we get a list of attendees going to the Cincy cruise
> in.  Man, this thing is getting huge, its pretty sweet.  THis could be an
> annual scirocco gathering...and we could take over the world. anyway, here
> goes, add yourselves to the list
>
> WESTERN CONVOY (Canada): Riley McDowell(Vancouver), Owen Rabey(Calgary),
> Jody Bailey(Saskatoon),
>
> NORTH EAST (Canada): Verne Harris, Mad Bastard(London), Paul
> Maione(Montreal),
>
> East Coast (States): Rich Zuk(NYC)
>

> Well, lets see who else is going, this might help people organise some rides
> too.  I know a bunch more are in, but can't remember where you are.
>

> Owen
> 87 16v
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571

2nd Bit:

> >I know it's still a ways of, but I was wondering how many of you are
> >planning to go to the Cincinnati cruise-in in May.  I would like to see
> >some of your cars.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Josh
>
> Yup, I am.  There's actually going to be two gatherings in May, one
> on the 9th and one on the 23rd (I think).  I belive that most of
> the scirocco list members will be attending the one on the 9th.  I
> think we're going to be putting up some info on Scirocco.org about
> the gathering as time gets nearer.  Jason Cammissa is keeping
> track of people attending on the 9th, email him and get yourself
> on the list, hope to see ya there!
>
> ==Brett

3rd, and most helpful Bit: (w/ URL)

> Ok gang...
>
> I've got 5 rooms blocked under my name at the local motel.  It's not
> fancy, but it's close by.  Rates are $47/night for two people, $5 each
> additional person, plus tax of course.  Phone 'em up - number is (937)
> 382-6605.
>
> Daun

hth,
TBerk