Mk1 2.0l 16v turbo?

Bruthas, I went down to Englishtown, NJ this weekend to check out the
IDRA        "Battle of the Imports" and had a grand ol' time, lemme tell
yuz. Two highlights were especially gratifying. First, a 911 Turbo did a
wheelie ('bout 4 feet off the ground) and then spun out half way down
the course at over 90mph -without wrecking! Phat! And then I met a team
of guys that were running a Rabbit GTi 16v turbo complete with
Electromotive fuel injection/ignition.

Well, my question lies with the latter situation... If they decide to
actually produce another kit, they figure that they could sell me one
complete (including the Electromotive stuff) for a little less than $3k.
They figure that they're pushing something beyond 215hp! The same exact
car with the CIS injection system did about 200 ponies reliably.

So, what do you guys think of doing this? I don't mind making my car a
guinea pig; but I don't necessarily know enough about turbo fitments to
have any real fear either. I guess that the closest experience any of us
might have would be with the Callaway 8v kits. Are there any horror
stories out there? What intelligent questions should I ask?

Of course, the alternative here is to go with the tradional
ported/polished head, hot cams, fuel enrichment, etc... But then I'll be
spending 2/3 of what I'd be doing here for 25% less power. Any words on
this, guys?

--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut