Re: misc thoughts

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 23:03:19 -0500 "Zach Vrooman" <zach@discover-net.net>
writes:

>Hi all.
>Question: I've got this squeal coming from the front of my car. It
doesn't
>matter if I'm turning or not, the squeal occurs. This doesn't happen all
>the time, either. Also if I step on the brake, the noise will go away.
Is
>something just loose, or is the bearing shot?

Its your brake pads. You have one of 2 options that im aware of to fixing
this.
First id take a can of brake cleaner and wash down the rotors, inside and
outside and while turning the rotor. Brake dust will cause an anoying
squeal sometimes and if this is the case, this will fix it for a while.

The other thing you can do is remove the pads and either spray on some
brake quieter on the backs of the pads and reinstall, or, install some
pad shims which will do the same thing. They act as dampners which will
keep tha pads from vibrating in the carriers.

>? no. 2: I'm thinking of getting a second job to buy stuff for my car.
>Is this unusual?

No, people get second jobs to help feed their kids, or help pay other
bills so why not to expidite the fixing up of a car? Nothing wrong with
that.

>Also, I saw a copy of People magazine's 50 most beautiful people issue.
>Again, I was not selected. Damn it. Those judges are blind. Hmph.

Notice that these 50 were not from all over the world. Oh look, they are
all from the United States. Hmm.
Oh, look, none of them are from the east coast. How odd that could be.
Aint it just plain scary that all 50 of these most beautiful people come
from the same damn place, HOLLYWOOD.
I wouldnt stress over it too much.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and