[tech, kinda] rear brakes

Hey all,
I pulled my rear drums on my '81 tonight and found something really weird. It seems that my wheel bolts have been hitting the top spring bar that holds the two brake shoes. One side was worse than the other. I guess this was that clicking noise I would get from time to time. Has this happened to anybody out there? Should I just trim the end of the bolts? These were the bolts that came with the new rims (3 years ago) I never noticed any braking problems. Crazy talk.

Also I find it truly pathetic that I have to jack up my 'rocco to get the oil pan under the car to drain the oil, and then jack it down to drain it all, and then...well you get the picture.

mark hausler
'81 scirocco s
'94 toyo 4x4
Get your free Scirocco e-mail!!  your_name@scirocco.zzn.com