AC is starting to work, maybe

I had earlier listed my question concerning my new 86 8v, and today I
got into it deep. First, thanks to everyone who responded with solutions
and advise. 3 problems: blower fan is noisy, warm air out of center
vent, and recirculate valve not closing. Solutions: blower motor is out,
and the "end" bearing or bushing is toast. The end of the shaft is held
on with a paper and rubber washer, with a star compression ring( I think
that is what you call it). It loosened or was held in place, and wore
down the end of the shaft, which caused the whole assembly to become out
of round. The warm air was because of a faulty hot water valve, and
combination of crud (leaves, etc) gumming it up. Finally the recirculate
valve slammed shut when I forced the lever completely to the left! I
will take Chris's suggestion and take it apart tomorrow and clean/lube
it up. I have removed the center console, glove box, and air intake of
the AC system. What a PITA! Anyway, thanks for the advise and help,
saved me a couple of bucks, which is mucho appreciato. ==chad