Re: Passenger side under-dash tray?

From:          "Neal Tovsen" <ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu>
To:            "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject:       Passenger side under-dash tray?
Date:          Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:19:53 -0600

I had this tray in my 82 and 83 scirocco's.  It is great for holding
crap.  I know that I could  put 2 classes worth of books in and still
wail around town.
You can only fit the shelf in non a/c cars probably why you don't see
many in later model roc's .  too bad that tray is handy to have
better than that lame ass thing on the drivers side.
Tony

I was looking at Mike's site (below) and noticed on one of his pics that he
has a storage tray under the glove box on the passenger side, similar to the
one on the driver's side.

In all my dealings with Mk II's (I've seen about 8 or 10 now), I've NEVER
seen one of these. It makes sense, because it matches the driver's side
tray, but I just find it odd that I've never seen one before. How common
were these? It would seem to be a very useful bit of space...

I also noticed that it appears to have a round 4" stock rear speaker. I
thought all Mk II's had 4x6" in all four locations...

Neal