new Euro bumpers

Hello listers,

for all  those of you being interested in getting
new original VW-bumpers from Germany
I drove to the VW dealer today and asked about prices.

please be sure to remain securely seated as you read
the next few lines, otherwise you might fall off your chair :-(

assuming $1 = 1,80 DM

Scirocco Mk1 front bumper : 527,80 DM = $293
Scirocco Mk1 rear bumper : no longer vailable (!)  :-(

Scirocco Mk2 front bumper : 440 DM =$244 ( a real steal :-)
Scirocco Mk2 rear bumper : 481DM = $267

If you should be concerned that the first (important) parts
of the Mk1 are no longer available, you will find it even worse that
there are already Mk2 parts that aren't to get any longer !!
(when  I tried to get some 16V badges for the B-pillar some months ago,
I got two left ones. As I complained about this, they told me it's not
a bug but a feature : they have no right ones any longer...
The same with the adjuster screws for the headlights :
the correct ones are gone, you get a replacement screw that has to be
sawed first to fit.

the list continues...
I think its pathetic

regards