Re: 2.0liter Scirocco's from the factory... in 89???? in US????

>What!?
> I beg to differ!  As far as I know, the only difference between the
>Corrado and A3 VR6s is the intake-- and therefore a few hp (like 172 and
>176 or something).
>
> I would have a very hard time believing VW put out a 2.9 VR6 from the
>factory...
> Jason

hard to believe-but true.
the Euro 53i VR6 had 2.9 litres by VW-factory.

as for the 2.0l Scirocco thing :
I just checked the VW-price lists and brochures of the
1991 and 1992 Sciroccos :
no 2.0l , just 1.8

anyone who has a proof that an ORIGINAL VW Scirocco 2.0
exists, please mail me and scan the photos, papers ....
....until that, I have to admit that I don't believe in UFOs...

regards
Dirk