Re: Great "Blackening" Stuff Found!

I bought that crap for my van about a year ago.  Maybe
it was just my bottle, but I will mever use that stuff
again.  I put it on, it lasted all of about 2 weeks,
then it faded leaving black streaks in the grey trim...
3 months later it was back to the original color, but
now looks a lil more oxidized... Oh, and I used
multiple coats, so that wasn't it...

My .02

And BTW - thanks to those that replied to my questions
about the battery tray.  I found some of that stuff
that "turns rust into black primer" last night at my
FLAPS (friendly local auto parts store) and will give
it a shot this weekend....

Mark

--- Christopher Mende <csmende@neubayern.net> wrote:

> I hope this isn't old news to any of you, but I have
> been in search for a
> truly good product to restore the faded black
plastic
> trim which seems to
> have plagued every VW (jetta/scirocco/corrado) I've
> owned.
>
> Well, at the dealer, I find this stuff called
> "Forever Black" and decide
> to give it a try. It comes with a bottle of cleaner,
> and an applicator
> that doesn't look unlike something you'd find shoe
> polish in.
>
> I've tried Mother's and Black Chrome in the past,
> each of which lasts a
> couple weeks at most before fading out. This stuff
> actually dyes the
> plastic, and doesn't rub off with a cloth or car
> wash. (Make sure to tape
> off the paint on crucial/tricky areas.)
>
> I love it. My car looks years younger and I feel
I've
> finally found a
> mostly-permanent solution to the faded-gray look.
I'm
> not sure where you
> can find this product, but I found mine at the
dealer
> in Colorado Springs.
> It runs $10, and there is enough dye in the bottle
> do numerous cars.
>
> ~Chris
>

> --

>                 --
> Christopher Mende				         h: 719.963.0082
> www.neubayern.net					 o: 719.262.1022

> If you experience other problems, email:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org

===
Mark

87 Westfalia Gl