Re: attaching shifter ball to shortened shifter rod

most people who cut their shifter down buy an
aftermarket shift-knob (momo, etc.) that uses some
other type of securing device - momo's have 3 lil allen
screws that hold them on, and a variety of sleeves to
fit the end of the shift rod.

I am not 100% sure (never done it) but I think if you
purchased the correct tap & die set you could re-thread
the original stick....  but it'd probably be cheaper
just to buy a new knob

--- Aaron <catacomb@psu.edu> wrote:

> For those of you who have shortened their stick
shift
> (cut down the stick shift itself) how do you attach
> shifter ball on the cut shaft without its threads?
>

> 84 8V
>

> -Aaron M Braun
>
>  http://zap.to/aaron
>
>  84 8V Scirocco

> If you experience other problems, email:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org

===
Mark

87 Westfalia Gl