Re: vw Steering wheel options?

In a message dated 3/21/99 20:19:12, toastworks@hotmail.com writes:

<<I want a decent wheel for cheap. The stock Mk1 is too thin of a wheel
for me, and long drives are harsh cause of that bottom metal spoke. >>

Well I dont know how to say this witout it sounding like an endorsement so Ill
get the disclaimer out right away! I am in no way related to the co. Wheel
Skins, nor is this an endorsement for the same. =-)
I put one of those wheelskins kits on my Dads 56 Jaguar MK2 (it's reallllllly
trick. . . like 260+hp). I always thought they looked really bad from pictures
I'd seen but the kit proved to be really nice. It takes about an hour to lace
on and when your done you have a facrory looking leather wheel. It also has a
little padding so it raises the diameter of your wheel. I would recomend the
kit to anyone who has a rubber/plastic wheel. I think ND has the kits and
knows the sizes for VW (I would check with Mike Potter first though). I think
the kit I instaled was around $25-30.
HTH

Nate