Re: the time has come again....

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 07:29:28 -0800 "Mike" <lerb@redrose.net> writes:
>I have seen alot of people who would
>never have anything done to there car like you who live in BFE compaired
>EIP pissing and moaning about how bad something is that they have never
even
>seen....Now come on does this really make sense?....

Yes it does. It makes perfect sense dude! Its a little well known item
called word of mouth. The internet has done wonders to propagate the word
of mouth syndrome to the point where when people have bad experiences
with a business (EIP in this case) they can share their hassles and voice
their views.

I never thought San Diego was quite BFE. CA is hardly BFE, if you wanna
talk BFE, lets goto Nebraska but whatever.

Granted EIP's customer base is very small in comparison to the
accessability of the internet. Still, when something is right or wrong,
people will talk about it and thats more effective or damaging than any
marketing program.

>Like I said I have seen
>at least 5 kits installed by Eip I have talked to the owners...I have
heard
>only that they took a little longer than they would have liked....(damn
my
>rabbits been in the shop for a month now). I agree with you 100% that
you
>should not have to demand that you car be done right/quickly <---more
what I
>was getting at) BUT HEY if you don't WHo willl?

>I would understand the complaint if you even saw something from EIP
(besides
>in mags).

I personally don't need to see their work to know from shop customers
that they were not fully satisfied with the work performed. What's the
first word of advice when choosing a repair shop? "Talk to other
customers".

>I have seen soo many good places get bitched about when people have
>never bought anything from them or even talked to them.....

You mean like "Parts Place"??  LOL!!

>don't listen to what people on the net say before you go and see for
>yourself.....Then you have a complaint..

That's very poor advice, IMO.
Do listen to what other people say about a shop, any shop. Naturally you
would want to lessen the reputation of the comment of its come from a
second source (IE, not the guy who was the customer but HEARD it
somewhere.) Compare what they say to what other people say. Then compare
shops!

Ive never heard one thing about - lets say, Velocity.
Ive never seen any of the work they've done. (Besides what was in Mags.)
Ive visited their shop once but that doesn't make me an expert on the
quality of the work they can or cant perform there. I have, however,
heard from many of their customers that they do great work, its done on
time and when promised and the car didn't develop other new problems
because they (Velocity) somehow damaged other components while
installing/repairing other things.

Ive heard ALL of those negative things from EIP's customers and I know a
lot more Velocity customers than I do EIP's customers.

EIP must do some good work or they wouldn't be in business. I just know
that if they're gonna have a bad day and screw up something, I know I
don't want it to be my car they fuck up on. It just sounds like EIP is
too big for their britches. They are so big that they don't care about
EVERY car owner. That's why the smaller shops can be a better choice to
go to for repairs and upgrades. They are at least worth looking into.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and