Re: Parts Place

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:49:31 EST CAPTIANBR@aol.com writes:
>I just got a catologue in the mail from The Parts Place for VW's.  How
>are these guys?

OHH!!!! You can keep the catalog for an interesting read, but if your
smart, and you look smart, toss it in the trash. You just got a catalog
from the very worst parts suppliers in the continental US!
Overpriced.
incompetent.
over inbreed.

>Has anyone ordered from them?
>Brian 86 16v

Yes, yes I did Brian.
A number of years ago after reading in their catalog about the power
gains I ordered a dual outlet exhaust manifold and matching downpipe.
$225 later and in the mail I get a single outlet (C-clamp) manifold, you
know, just like the one I was trying to replace, and a c-clamp downpipe.
So I called them, they told me to fill out the form on the back and send
everything back.
So they say I never mailed it and the short version is, im out $225.
I believe that cussing isn't appropriate and looks really trashy but FUCK
THOSE GUYS!
I feel better now.

If you want great mail order parts at great prices you got to order them
from the Potterman (www.parts4vws.com) on the west coast or Mark at
Adirondack (www.germanautoparts.com) on the east coast. or shop at both
places and pick the one you like best, you choose. We've done extensive
parts purchasing from many parts sources and these come the highest
recommended by many.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and