The Joys of Carpet

	Hey everyone, i'm in the process of taking my carpet out of my
MK1, but i just can't figure out how to get those weird metal disc
thingies that are underneath the drivers side dash.  I have no idea
what the do anyway, and prying doesn't do much.  Good 'ol bentley does
provide some cleaning tips, but nothing else.  Anyone have any ideas?
	And one more thing, does anyone happen to know what carpets are
interchangable among the a1's?  and for that matter, what seats are
interchangable?

Thanks

	Teddy