Re: Suspension Question (keeping the same camber)

A1SCIROCCO@aol.com wrote:

> I'm going to install my bilstiens this coming weekend.  The rear shocks im
> confident i can do its the front struts that i'm hesitant about.  How do you
> take off the eccentric nut and keep the same camber?  I've heard people making
> a mark with a die grinder or white out.  Is the a special way to remove this
> nut?  Any help or tips on the whole install is greatly appreciated.

   In order for me to keep the same camber, or something very very
close, I normally will cut a small piece of wood and wrap it with duct
tape until it can sit between the shoulder of the tire and the strut by
itself.  Then when you put the strut assembly back together, you simply
put the lower bolt on semi tight, then rotate the top portion of the
wheel towards the strut until it holds the wood shim in place, then
tighten the lower bolt to its specified torque.  Then install the
eccentric bolt up top.  This isnt
an exact method of getting the same camber, but seems to work for me
until I get it aligned.  Better methods may exist?