Re: 90 amp alt.

Sean Penny wrote:

> i had an aftermarket 90 amp alternator but in my 84 yesterday. the shop
> "made it work". my question is, has anyone ever experienced any drawbacks?
> ...such as 'bucking' when under load? or would this just be plug wires like
> i think (could have been bumped around, and i could have had a bad one).
>
> any ideas?
>
> Sean Penny
> Wetaskiwin, AB
> Club H2O Prairie- West Chapter                scirocco@ontis.com

Uh, need a little more info.

Why was the Alt put in, I'm mean, did the car run before? Ran worse? Ran
OK, just would hold a charge?

Just wanted a bigger Alt?

What brand is the after market Alt?

The shop may have knocked something loose, creating an air leak into the
intake. Or perhaps something else along these lines, look for the
obvious.

TBerk
Tell us more pls.