Solid vs Hydraulic lifters

     I need a new head for my Rocco and I'm debating between switching to
hydraulic lifters, mostly because I won't need to adjust them.  I've been
tossing this desision around for a while, here's how I see the comparison.....
     Solid lifters:  (+) lighter <quicker valve train>, (+) no high rpm
floating, (-) adjustments, (-) need assortment of shims
     Hydraulic:  (+) no adjusments, (-) need HD oil pump, (-) heavier, (-)
possible floating at high rpm
     Has anyone made the swap?  Right now my best option seems to be to go
ahead and use the hyd lifters for now, for the convinience.  Then get a solid
lifter head, get the p/p done with sport valve springs.  Thus saving on
downtime when I do the porting, and having a quick reving engine with a high
redline.
     Whats the word on the HD oil pump?  I know I need one with the hyd
lifters, but can I use it with solids?  Cams?  What's the difference between
the stock solid lifter cam and the stock hyd lifter cam?  I haven't been able
to drive my Rocco for 6 months, so I want it to be a rocket when its on the
road again.  TIA for any advice....
--Alex
-'86 8v