Thanks & Whine

I just wanted to thank everyone who gave me suggestions on how to fix my seat.
I'll be undertaking that project in a week or so.

I have a new problem now.  I've started getting some engine whine.  (my fiance
says it's been there since I bought the car a year ago)  It has been faint for
a while, but today it was quite loud.  Anyway, the pitch fluctuates with
RPM's.  I replaced the voltage regulator about 3 months ago (maybe 2 1/2) and
have done the various ground upgrades that have been talked about on here and
the battery ground wire has been replaced with the ND one.  The whine doesn't
sound as if it is coming through the speakers because with the volume up (at a
listenable level) the whine is practically unnoticeable.  All the connections
seem to look good and solid.  What should I do now???  (if any more info is
needed to help diagnose this problem, please let me know)

TIA,
Stew