TT free-flow cat?

hey all,

well, a few days ago it happened:
My rocco pretty much started to run like poop, and
it wouldn't go above 80mph.  Ugly noises coming from
the cat area, and some strange hissing noise when I
stepped on the gas (?).  So, I smacked the cat a coupla
times (get yer minds outta the gutters :P), and the
car had all the power back suddenly.
My guess is that the cat is falling apart, and little pieces were
getting lodged and blocking the exhaust flow.
So I'm gonna go with the TT cat, since I need to smog my car
yet again.  Is there any opinions on the free flow cat from TT?
Is there any power difference between it and a hollowed out one?

TIA!

Alex Ting (I love the CARB!)
Account Manager
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
575 Menlo Dr. #4
Rocklin, CA  95765

Phone:  888.801.2001 ext. 228 or 916.630.2001
Fax:  916.630.2000
Email:  alex@millenniumsolutions.net