Re: Baffled oil pan

In a message dated 3/7/99 6:36:11 PM Central Standard Time, VWN8@aol.com
writes:

>  I refuse to pay $200-350 for an
>  aftermarket oil pan. Question is, where should I put the baffles? Should
> they
>  go all the way across the pan (the short way/forward backwards in the car)?
>  Has anyone done this before?
I have purchased two baffled oil pans for both my IT scirocco engines and each
cost less that $125 for steel and a 5 quart capacity.
If you build your own, make sure the baffles surround the oil pickup on all
sides (front too so as to prevent oil sloshing up into the cylinder head
galleys under hard braking) with trap doors on the right and left sides.  HTH
Hugh - 84 8v