Re: Pls. Help: Good mechanic in the Bay Area

Sam Rehman wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for a good mechanic to work on my
> 86 Scirocco 16v. I need someone to work on it
> for long term - I want to keep it in "health"
> condition.
>
> I've heard about New Dimension - but I live in the
> city - so I'm looking for someone closer to the
> city. But if not - I'll take it to them at Santa Clara.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- ssr

Consider Griffen Motorwerkes in Berkeley. The are on San Pablo Ave. near
Grayson and are run by Griffen himself. I took my '77 to him way back
when and he seemed to know his stuff.

Mind you this was ten years back, Anybody had any recent experience with
this shop?

These guys are also in the East Bay;  http://www.wolfsport.com/main.htm
, they may be able to turn you on to someone.

ND is a long term relationship kinda place, but as you say they are
30-40 miles down the road from SF. :(

GL, hth,
TBerk