Re: Wheel noise

No special pullers required. The rears are simple to do. Pull off the drum
and the bearings come out easy. I think the races need to be tapped out of
the drum with a punch, but it's not hard.
This is all for drum brakes, I've never seen rear discs.
Is your rear axle bent? You should check that. Check your front a-arm too.

At 10:57 PM 3/6/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Now do I need the special wheel bearing pulling tool to do the rears? I
>looked in the Bentley and it didn't look like I needed it.  But it did
>mention something about a press.  What is this about? And since I don't
>have access to a press, is there any alternative to this?  And finally,
>how hard are the rear wheel bearings as compared with the front?

Kevin Fry -- computer nerd!
'81 Scirocco S 1.8l
'80 Scirocco   0.0l