Re: 0-60 times for 1.7 and 1.8 MK1 'rocco's

<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: 0-60 times for  1.7 and 1.8 MK1 'rocco's
>
>> Wheels wont make much of a difference. Displacement is everything and
the
>> bigger valves that he has will definately hurt your chances.
>> 1.8L wins if your both completley stock. Comparatively speaking, your
>> looking at 75 hp while he has 90. You would need to come up with and
>> exceed 15hp to beat him. Unless he cant drive of course.
>
>	you sure 'bout that?  last year at my one and only 1/4 mile attempt, i
>pulled off 2 consecutive 15.77 runs with a set of 205-50-15s.  these
>rubbers had a bit more chewy tread than my regular street tires.  these
>were dismal times as i was expecting at _least_ 15.00.  i got vexed
with
>my times, threw on my daily driving, 195-50-15, nearly exhausted tires,
>and ran a 15.53.  not a big difference, but enough to make me think
that
>size does matter :)
>
>jason
>the mad bastard
>
>--
When you start talking drag racing, big wheels can make a big
difference. Have experienced this directly with a '73 camaro I used to
own. The difference between 15.77 to 15.53 can be all that is necessary.
Of course, I went from street tires to slicks, which was a bit more
significant. Plus I had ladder bars. Not much into that scene anymore.
However this guy promises to give me a ride in a hotrod '40 coupe...that
might be a bad influance.

JSJackson '85 Scirocco