RE: Parking brake problem

Your parking brake cables are (for whatever reason) probably not
adjusted properly.  Remove the boot around the brake handle, and
you'll see what's going on.

Chances are the cable's length has altered such that the gear on the
handle no longer engages the the cable.  This commonly happens when
the weather is cold and the emergency brake becomes frozen or stuck
at the rear caliper.  You might want to check that your e-brake isn't
engaging all the time.  If it is, you can spray some WD-40 where the
cable meets the caliper to try to free it up.

HTH

-tim