Fwd: Scirocco look alike

---Today I just realized the only motivating factor for me to get up and go to class is that I get to drive the rocco. To me the Scirocco is one of the most unique looking cars on the road. If I am not mistaken, I think the body was desgined by an Italian by the name of ??? Anyway, there are two cars which I think look similar to our cars.  The Audi coupe GT and the Izuzu something, (the one that says "tuned by Lotus" on the side) My question is does anyone know if the guy who designed our car was the same designer for these cars? And did he design any others, Corrado maybe?
Pondering
Brian 86 16v
The designer of the Scirocco 1 (Mk1), Golf 1 (Rabbit), and Isuzu Impulse is Giuguaro of Ital Design. Giuguaro designed many famous cars including (among others) the Lotus Esprit and the Delorean.

The Scirocco 2 (Mk2) was an in-house VW design.

Contrary to popular rumours, Giuguaro's Impulse was not his design for the Scirocco 2. Go to this page to view Giuguaro's design for the MK2: http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/karmann4.htm

I don't know who designed the Audi GT.

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S