RE: nology problem

At 02:53 PM 3/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
>hmmm...  i've heard nology is crap.  from what i've read, the stock bosch
>system is more than adequate.  it's the same deal with those fancy 4
>electrode platinum plugs.  you car works best with the stock plugs.  most of
>the "improvement" people write about when they replace old stock ignition
>components with new "improved" components is because they were replacing a
>faulty part.  replace it with a new OEM bosch part and you'll get the same
>improvement.  i'd rip those off and get a good set of normal wires.
>warning:  this is all IMHO...

I've got scope data to show that it does work, more or less as described.
It does store a bit of charge in the capacitor(really just braid around the
plug wire) before firing, and then discharge this additional bit on firing.
 But whether or not this really makes a difference, who knows? I got mine
b/c they were on sale, cheaper than a set of stock ones, and about the same
cost as the other aftermarket wires. Plus they look kinda cool;)

Brad