Re: shifter knob question?

> I've got a question about the diameter of the shifter stalk for the 85
> Scirocco.
>
> is it the size of an A2  Golf/GTI knob
> or is it the size of an A1 Rabbit/GTI knob?
>
> if its the size of the Rabbit/GTI knob I want to order a new
> Rabbit/GTi golf ball knob.
>
> if its the sieze of an A2 Rod.. then I'll need to find a suitable
> replacement.

Size of an A2, i'm using the knob off my deceased '84 Jetta GL diesel.

I hated the tacky plastick shift knob that was in it, so i waited until
my Jetta died, and through that one on, it's a nice leather one.

BTW, my Jetta didn't die until 486 000km+, and my mechanic (whom i gave
it to) got it running again in 30 minutes ;-).  I love VWs.