Re: Scirocco at v_max - happy birthday Scirocco !!

>Time to don the flameproof asbestos suit....
>>that. I always hear about how drivers in germany share the road and are used to
>>driving fast.
><<<snip>>>

> Overtaking is done at your own peril!

*isn't that anywhere else the same ?  :-)

Having said that, it's
>definitely better than the motorways in the UK where everyone is
>determined to hog the outside lane. Usually you have to go far too close
>before people will think to let you past.

IMHO , german Autobahns and drivers are considered much better than they are in reality.
too much traffic, too many people driving on the left lane without a  reason or a Scirocco,
very agressive and careless driving on the other hand.

to make this mail more Scirocco related :
the Scirocco has its 25th anniversary this March !!!
Scirocco I (March 1974 - 1981)     506,109 cars produced
Scirocco II (1981 - 09/10/92)         291,497 cars produced

so let's all chant "happy birthday , dear Scirocco...."  :-)

regards
Dirk